About Us

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tinker the Amazing

So i'm still waiting to wake up from this dream.... there is nothing this dog doesn't do well. For those of you who aren't dog people, this might be kinda gross, but last night Tink totally let me clean out her ears. She just laid there on my lap and let me gently clean them!

Tink and I took our first car ride together post operation Atlanta. We got her a harness and short lead so now she safely rieds in the car. And being the angel that she is, she sat/laid right down on the passengers seat without so much as a peep. We walked around Etown campus for a little bit with Tink styling in her red hoodie.

But the highlight of my day with Tinker was actually at the Vets in Leola. What a nice place with nice people! They remembered me from my phone call and really seemed to have a handle on boston terriers. As they were going through Tinker's paperwork they kept commenting on how nicely she was taken care of. Thank you so much Small Dog Rescue and Humane; Your efforts are noted! They were really pleased. And then one of the girls was like "she is so relaxed with you; you can tell she's really comfortable around you." Now, trust me, i can't take the credit for that, she's a pretty laid back girl, but let me tell you I was tickled pink that someone noticed how good a girl she is!!! So we have heartworm medication, nail clippers and her record is all set at the vets!

It's more fun doing errands with the dog.. well, doggie errands that she can come with me to. I just kept talking with her and giving her treats at different places and she was totally cool. Tink always knew mommy was around and that everything was ok. But she was excited to get home! Dancing around the living room making sure everything was in the same place. But after a long adventurous morning, the only proper thing to do is take a nap... and thats exactly what she is doing on my lap as I type. What a complete angel!!! (we'll see how the nail clipping goes later on today! We won't bombard her with too many things at one time!)

And oh, we did have to crate her last night, but man did we all sleep better. Nick took her out around 730 this morning and after peeing she cuddled in bed with me for the last 30minutes. We figure in a few weeks she'll be able to sleep in her bed, but until we can trust her to wander the house unattended, the crate it is (she does have a habit of peeing on the tile if I'm not around for more than 5 minutes... not sure if its spite or nervousness or what... cause both times she peed not an hour before... so we're working on it : )

She was really good with one of the neighbors kids early... We were taking a walk and got stopped, so I held her while this cute little 4 year old was nicely patting her. I didn't think she'd do anything, and she didn't so that was good, lots of praises during and afterwards : )

Have I mentioned that i LOVE THIS DOG?!?!?! Nick does too of course (but he's not writing this post)!!! and I know Tink loves it here too ; )

In fact, she's creating a wish list of "toys" that include:
indestructable bones for her to chew on including some greenies and things with flavor : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Congrats the the new addition, I'm sure you'll all be quite happy! Can't wait to meet "the tink". Talk to ya soon.