About Us

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Another Thunderstorm...

I am so proud of my little girl... we had a huge storm come through last night around 1030. She slept through the early stages in her bed snoring away. The first big clap of thunder i heard her get up and put her little paws on the bed. She snuggled with me (and Nick) the entire storm not once trying to run away and hide. She was shaking and some panting, but not frantic. It was funny at some points, Nick was holding me and i was holding Tinker. At the really big claps Tink and i both jumped and I just squeezed her in closer to me. After it was over she laid in bed for alittle bit and then I put her back in her bed and we all fell asleep.

I know some people say you're not supposed to coddle or make a big deal when they're afraid, but i don't know her history with storms. She could have been out in a few really bad ones on the streets... I didn't make a big deal of her I just let her come into bed and spoke gently to her and patted her. I am so glad that she trusts us and didn't try and run away, it could have been a really long night. She is such a little trooper.

Happy 21st Birthday Lindsay! (Because your B-day lasts all week!)

No comments: