About Us

Friday, April 21, 2006

Back to the routine


So we finished off a 4 day week again... I find myself wandering longer and longer on my evening walks with Tinker. The weather's been so beautiful and Nick has been doing HW like its his only job so Tink and I wander... its nice spending 45 minutes or so walking and enjoying the scenery and Creation.

However, Tinker has a strong aversion to lawn mowers and anything loud that sounds like its coming towards her (I don't blame her). So we've been spending time "watching" the scary sounds. When she's really freaked I pick her up and talk to her, then i put her back down and continue to talk to her and then we walk away. If she freaks out we stand there and I pet her and continue talking comforting words. She's hangin in there.

My favorite part of the day is when i come home and she's all excited. We head out so she can run around. And she does! She runs and plays. I don't know what was up with her today, but she would stand at attention and listen and then turn around and run real quick like something was play-chasing her. She did this repeatedly. It was really cute! She also likes to "watch" people and things. She watched a boy and his father playing catch. She would hear the catch or the ball roll and follow it until it was caught again. Its so funny to watch her. I especially like it when she cocks her head to the side back and forth as she is intently listening. What a sweetie.

We're working on teaching Tinker the "down" command... its hard to teach when she can't see! but she's getting it! She sits like a pro now and does it whenever she wants food. hehe, she's not quite a beggar yet.... (and she's polite!)

She now walks all around the house (and unde the table and chairs) with little problem... hehe now we have to figure out where she is cause she likes to explore!!! Not a single day goes by without being so thankful that we are part of this little girls life.

No comments: