About Us

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Oliver

how could you resist that happy face?



Tink and I have been volunteering with NEBTRescue which we've been enjoying very much. Currently we're working on finding a forever home for Oliver. He's a 3 yr old neutered male and is being fostered in Rochester NY and is a complete love bug. He's come a long way in a month and a half and is ready for a permanent home where he can be loved and have "his" own people. He's a submissive guy who is learning to play. A true velcro dog! We've thought a couple times now that we've found THE home for him, but both times we've learned otherwise. (Better now than later!)

The world of rescue has been opening before my eyes. I knew that it was a lot of work, but I never realized just HOW MUCH volunteers put in behind the scenes to make everything work and to get the dogs into the right homes. I am loving what I'm doing and definitely have learned a new appreciation for all the work that went in to getting Tink ready to go for us!

So, if you know anybody (or are that somebody) who would like to adopt Oliver, go to NEBtRescue and fill out an application! You won't be disappointed by this little guy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There was little voice in me that said "Ah yes, these are fellow rescuers." when I screened you for Tink. Yes, it's hard work, and sometimes thankless (folks don't like to be told their home isnt' right for a particular dog). But if you place just one dog into a loving forever home, all the rest is worth it.

I'm proud of you.

Hugs to you both, kisses to "my girl"

Godmamma Charli

Anonymous said...

Vick will you write to me? I don't have your address... Oh this is your cousin Sue :)