About Us

Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Latest Sewing Adventure

Well, here is our newest sewing adventure: a crate cover for Tink. I've been talking about doing it for a long time and yesterday Nick and I stopped at Weaver's Dry Goods, a huge fabric place and found some nice jersey type fabric to work with. The plaid was perfect to use as it gave me easy and straight lines to follow. Hopefully this will keep the drafts out and not get lint all over her like that stupid blanket did that's been on her crate for awhile.


Front



Front/Top



Side Angle View



Back



Back again

Needless to say, I really had no idea what I was doing and how much fabric I actually needed. I have about half of the 5 yards left and the plaid actually looks really good on Tink. I think it's safe to say some new plaid outfits will be in her (and Aby's) future. I might make a matching blanket for the crate, but with her peeing on stuff like she does, we'll have to see.

I am just so pleased that it actually worked!!! It would have taken only part of the afternoon instead of all of it, if my sewing machine and I didn't fight like cats and dogs so frequently. But we finished nonetheless in about 5 hours, fights and all. Don't expect any creations by Vicki on the market any time soon--this is certainly a one of a kind piece!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great!!!!