About Us

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Aby Gale A Christmas Surprise

Aby Gale came into our lives when I was in early high school... she was Larry's birthday gift 11 year ago, born on Christmas. A few weeks ago, Aby took her last walk and road trip and is now resting in peace. I know she is no longer in pain or restless any more. I'm just attempting to assimilate and work through all the emotions that have been walking through my brain...

Aby is the entire reason we have Tink, the reason why I am so madly in love with Bostons, and the reason why I'm involved in the rescue.

She loved to play ball. She used to rip the fuzz off tennis balls and go crazy for basket balls. One time she grabbed a partially deflated basketball from the neighbors yard across the street. She ran across the street just as the Schwann's truck was driving by...if it weren't for the basketball she would have been run over. The rear tire of the truck popped the basketball and shot her backwards away from the truck and harm's way. She barely let mom look at her before she wanted back outside looking for the basketball.

Aby was the dog that helped me realize that I don't want puppies. When she was real little she used to sleep on my chest while I watched TV on the couch but as she grew and played more and slept less, I realized very quickly that puppies were not for me. At one point, I actually thought I hated Aby. Fortunately for the both of us, we both grew up and actually got along quite well if i do say so myself. She was the reason that I almost missed the bus every morning those first few years. She would jump up into my bed 10 minutes before my alarm rang every morning. I never got out of bed in time with her snuggled up close to me keeping me warm in the winter months. (some things never change do they Miss Tink...)

Aby certainly had her faults, but she was a Boston Terrorist through and through. She enjoyed walks when they suited her, she loved the water, and hated the cold. She was a chow hound and
her habits and schedule rivalved many children with Autism. She would sit and wait or hound you until you gave her a cookie if she felt she deserved one.

Crabby Aby even though you were special, you will be missed. But know that your legacy of Boston loving kids will live on in Larry and me and in all the Boston generations that will follow Tink and Penny.

I love you Abs...you will not be forgotten

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My sympathies on your loss. Though we know most likely we will outlive them, we give our hearts to the dogs in our lives, and are lost when they move on to another phase.

Hope you can feel the hugs...

Charli

Ellen said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and I know some day you will all be together again. Until then, know that the love you had for her will shine in Tink and Iggy and Bostons to come.

Ellen