About Us

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tinker's Creatinine/Cortisol Test Results are in....

...Tinker does NOT have Cushing's Disease! I am so relieved! (I can't imagine working with 2 dogs simultaneously with Cushing's; I think one is going to present enough challenges!)

So while this is good news, we still don't know why Tink is presenting with the symptoms that she has. We have a vet appointment for her on Thursday morning to do some blood work and a urine analysis to check for diabete's and kidney issues. I'm really hoping that these are the last tests that need to be done for her. I'm praying for some answers from these tests that provide some clear guidelines to help Tink live as comfortable and happy as she can be!

She's been romping around in the back field like a little puppy when we go out the past few days. It's one of those things that I HAVE to smile and giggle when I watch her play like a little pup. When I don't think my heart can love her any more, it grows to fit those small moments of Tinker joy.

She made it until 5am 2 nights ago and 6am this morning before she really needed to go out and pee. I'm hoping we can stretch her just until 7, but if not, we'll do what we need to... although this broken sleep thing (cause she moves around in the middle of the night poking her little paws into me) is for the birds!

So that's the good news for tonight! We'll keep everyone posted and updated as we figure out what is going on with the one and only Miss Tink!

2 comments:

Kyla Duffy said...

Glad to her Tinker's OK!

Unknown said...

it warms my heart to know our girl is so well loved!! Have you sent her pic in for the 2010 calendar - some of the pics you've shared here are awesome!

Love and special pets to Tink..

Godmamma Charli