About Us

Friday, September 11, 2009

My Cuddle bugs

I've never seen Tinker cuddle up next to another dog like she does with Molly. We catch the 2 of them on the couch nestled nice and close to each other more often than not. Molly will often inadvertently step on Tink on the way up but sometimes Tink returns the favor when she's moving around or looking for the food I'm eating : ) But Tink really enjoys having Molly around. Definitely her favorite foster dog yet : )

Things have been going pretty well with the 2 of them around the house. They get along just fine and we've even left them on the couch for 10-20 minutes alone if Nick and I are barely missing each other. Both times, they were totally fine.

I'm wondering if Tink is feeling ok though. She's messed in the house twice in 2 days, once in her crate and once on the floor this morning... I was not a happy camper at all this morning. She's laying here on the couch under a blanket. I know it's raining and gross out, but she really seems to be under the weather today.

Both girls got baths when we came home from the cabin; I love having clean matching Bostons! Their coats are so shiny and soft and with the 2 of them getting into bed like they do, I want clean dogs! Last night Molly came up into bed during Project Runway and nestled herself in between me and Nick. She was happy as a clam right there!

Molly's not a big fan of all other dogs. The little ones she seems to adjust to with some time. Bigger dogs she just doesn't adjust to. Poor Maddie couldn't catch a break all weekend. Molly didn't seek her out if she was across the yard or anything, but she definitely snapped at her if she came within reach. Jazz would instigate, but Molly was just telling him to cut his puppy antics.

Molly has a vet appt with a holistic vet in about an hour... we'll be leaving soon. I'm wondering what is really in her best interest, if she can be adopted out or if she should remain as a permanent foster. I'm hoping a visit with this vet will help give us some direction with the Cushing's Disease and how to best help this little one. She is such a gem.

My 2 litlle gems are on the couch....one will be off soon in this rainy weather! More to follow on the vet visit.

No comments: