About Us

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Molly and her Boyfriend

Molly loves Nick. We all know it over here. Most of us have come to accept it.... She dances and sings for him on cue. When I ask the same thing, she looks at me like i'm stupid most of the time. She snuggles with Nick on the couch and when he's not around she sleeps on the chair while I sit on the couch! (can you tell who hasn't come to accept it yet?! : ) Any hoo, here are some pictures of the lovely "couple."


Molly never looks happy when I pull the camera out!



Changing positions, this is my better side Mom.
(Side note: You can see her seal coloring!
It's this beautiful almost raspberry purple-red color!!)



Snuggling with a pouty Moo



Seriously, are you done yet?



Kisses cause she loooveees him



He's my favorite, see?



Molly doesn't need a Halloween costume, look at those eyes!!!


Molly's ears seem to be all cleared of the yeast infection. I haven't seen her scratch or shake them in several days now. And she doesn't stink any more. Is it really possible that a yeast infection in her ears can make her whole body stink like a little old lady? I'm glad it's taken care of regardless!

Molly does make my heart smile although I find myself distancing myself from her lately. I feed her, walk her, clip her nails, etc etc but I don't give her the same amount of affection as I know I I could be giving her. I know in time that this will change and my defenses won't need to be as high. It does make me sad though in some ways... I don't know how to handle having a dog in this house that isn't "mine." Parker did better with me, Iggy wasn't here long enough to really tell, and well Tink is obvious.

Molly is currently snoozing on the chair on top of a blanket. She loves to lay on soft things just like Tink did. I have my down blanket on the couch lately and Molly is so comfy on it some evenings she doesn't even get off the couch immediately when we come home! Tinker used this purple comforter for years too. It's my favorite blanket myself, but I couldn't help but share it with her. 1 of her favorite soft places to lay was on top of both the down comforter on our bed and the purple comforter on top of that. She was in heaven here on earth... my little snuggler....

So all in all, Miss Moo is doing pretty well... one of these days she's gonna have a little foster sister. Her Aunty Joy is keeping a good eye on the incoming NEBTR dogs and fortunately for us, she'll bang our door down when there's a little senior that needs some help and a quiet home and love... this could be tomorrow, this could be a few months from now. We'll see what is in store for our little family.

3 comments:

karen said...

Sweet sweet story of Molly and her boyfriend Nick. I love the pictures of her snuggling with him and giving him kisses. I was also excited to hear that you will be fostering again. You both have huge hearts, how wonderful to be able to help out rescue in this way. I had wanted a sweet senior girl, didn't think it would happen until the boys were older, but life has a funny way of happening. And now we have our Molly! Can't believe it has only been a month. Seems like she has been here so much longer. Kisses and hugs to sweet Molly from us.

Nick + Vicki said...

Yes, at some point we will add another foster...we keep playing with the foster for a while/foster to adopt/straight out adopt options. I keep hesitating at fostering right now... it's just gonna take some time to adjust and see where God is leading us....and to let my heart heal a little more...

karen said...

You will know when it is time, just enjoy your Moo for right now. I believe things happen for a reason, and it will be so special, you will know that this dog was who you were waiting for. There will never be another Tinker, but she has put the love and compassion into your hearts to love again. I truly believe this. You and Nick are such special people, I think God has special plans for the two of you.