About Us

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Yes, I put her on the table

Christina and Ben came over today and we spent a great portion of the day playing Settlers, baking, eating and of course carving pumpkins. It was a fabulous and relaxing day filled with good company and lots of laughs. Molly, of course, was fantastic herself and enjoyed a frozen marrow bone for almost 2 hours while we were our second game of settlers just after lunch. Before we started the pumpkin carnage, I decided I wanted some pictures of Molly with the pumpkins. They were already on the table, so why not?



Molly was clearly not comfortable being up on the table,
especially since she couldn't find anything to EAT while she was up there



Do I look like a pumpkin?




How do I get down Mom? It's too high to jump




If that's not a sad and pathetic face then I don't know what is.

I was hoping to pose her with the finished Jack-O-Lanterns, but as of 10pm this evening, I have not done so. I've realized that I need to work on her stay command in order for her to well, stay better for pictures! Tinker clearly spoiled me with her fabulous picture posing skills....Molly's will improve with practice I'm sure.

I had the wonderful opportunity to go back and see Nancy on Friday. She is one amazing person and a fabulous acupuncturist. While it was difficult to share about Tink's passing, she of all people understood what she meant to me and how she impacted my life. Nancy always seems to help me feel like a rockstar. It was a great treatment and visit and I left her office feeling more relaxed and "put together" than I have in over a month. I am still grieving but there is this quiet peace that has been given to me. I've been able to sit quietly and listen more to what is actually being said to me. Sigh, I love how intricately we've been created.

Thankfully, we were able to sleep in a bit this morning. When I woke up the first time Molly was in bed. The next time I woke up it was because she was pawing up and softly whining on my side of the bed, just like Tink used to do every morning for so many years. (I do confess, I don't wake up nearly as immediately to Molly moving as I did with my Tink.) Of course I told her to come up and she actually snuggled against me while I rubbed her belly for 15 min or so...She had her back against me as I rubbed her belly and patted her, just as I did with her sister for almost 4 years. It was a comforting and happy way to start my morning and helped to reiterate that there is hope of finding sincere happiness and love in the other dogs that are and will continue to be brought into my life.

Just as Tink found amazing friends all over the country, Molly is finding friends too. We have been so incredibly blessed with fantastic friends, both those we spend time with in person as well as those who we share our hearts and love of Bostons with. God continues to show us his faithfulness in so many ways and I am so grateful that one way He does this is through our friends. So thank you.

1 comment:

karen said...

I love Molly on the table, what a sweet lady she is. I'm glad you found some comfort in your session, sounds wonderfully relaxing. I really love the morning story, sounds like Tink is nudging Molly in the ways of the house. "Molly, Mom loves it when you snuggle and she gets to cuddle." How else would Molly know how to wake you up properly??
So sweet. Thank you for a wonderful blog to read. It is always relaxing to come and read of your sweet Molly and how you bravely carry on and move forward still missing your precious Tink.
Bless you, Nick, and Molly.