About Us

Monday, January 11, 2010

Molly's Big Bone

If someone had tried to tell me a few months ago just how much I was going to love this dog,  I would have to his/her face cried "liar!  It will never happen!"  Just shows what a sense of humor God has.  This Molly dog knows how to make my day.  Saturday afternoon we gave Moo this big bone and she watched with anticipation as I unwrapped it.  When I handed it to her, she took it in her mouth and proceeded to parade around the house with the happiest dancy prancy movement I've ever seen from her!  She frolicked and moved so that Nick and I couldn't help but laugh and laugh at her happiness.  It That moment absolutely made it worth giving the bone to her.





Since then, she carries this bone everywhere.  She chewed on it all afternoon yesterday and barely made a dent it in.  So far, no stringiness from it either which it great.  Last night she carried the bone to bed with her and when I tucked her in I placed her bone next to her head so she would know where it is.  Well in the middle of the night she must have gotten hungry and she started to chew on it.  Right activity, wrong time.  So I put it up on the shelf.  Of course it was dark and she couldn't find it anymore so she went frantic looking for it.  Nick turned the light on to show her the bone was on top of the shelf and she could have it in the morning.  My silly girl.





She must have thought the bone was still on the shelf even after I moved it this morning.  When we came home from the vet, the first thing she did was go down the hallway yodeling as she went jumping up at the shelf for the bone.  Of course, I was on my way to work, so she settled for a kong.  She did the same thing when I came home unexpectedly midday.  As soon as I walked through the door she boogied it down the hall yodeling and jumping for this bone.  (I didn't have the heart to show her that it was on the table in the dining room.)  Finally when I came home from work this evening, she did the same thing!  I pulled the bone from the table and called her back to me.  Boy was she a happy girl!  She's chewing and chewing and chewing!  Fortunately her teeth are still holding strong.  No blood is a good thing!




 Molly and I headed to the vet this morning after a phone call with Dr. Haver.  Her eye has an infection which was cause by the steriod drops.  Dr. Haver was very relieved to hear I stopped those the moment her eye got worse.  We now have an antibiotic ointment for her eye to put in 2-3 times a day.  She's holding her eye open more now, but it looks all red and droopy.  I have explicit directions to call Dr. Haver every day with an update.  He stood there and looked at her for a long time, but didn't tell me what he was thinking.  I'm learning a lot about Cushings, but I think the latest is that the body doesn't heal like a normal dog.  Things can go bad quickly with a dog with Cushings.  I'm hoping her eye heals quickly and this is all a thing of the past....




I don't think she has enough stuff to chew and play with....  And she loves to lay on both beds at the same time!  Love my Moo Shoo!

1 comment:

karen said...

Sweet funny Molly. She was brought into your life for a reason. We can actually love more than one dog in a lifetime. I love all three of mine, in different ways and for different reasons. The sweet innocent dogs are all special. I'm so glad that Molly wiggled and yodeled her way into your heart. Hearts are large enough to hold everyone.
I continue to enjoy all your stories. I look forward to updates, I think I check everyday! Have a wonderful week, kiss that sweet Molly girl for me.