About Us

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Molly's Pink Sweater & Update

So a few weeks ago we went to petsmart and found this great little sweater for $3!!!  It's a great light to medium weight shirt for those cool days but not cold days.  I never thought I'd put Moo in pink, but here she is!  (it actually matches her pink flower collar very nicely : )


I know that's a cookie in your hand...can I have it?!??!



 Not so fast...hand me the goods!


 
It fits so nicely!


 
You can see in this shot that she does not have a pot belly in any way which is 1 of the Cushing symptoms I carefully watch for!

 
Hanging out...waiting for food!

I'm just coming to the realization that Molly is always going to have poop issues.  We are doing everything we absolutely can do with and for her but it's just not going to cure her.  She cycles through every week to 2 weeks.  Molly and I were sick together last night.  She got me up at 4:30 ish this morning and we made it outside in time.  Now I made a new batch of food yesterday, but it's still turkey and the veggies are less complex than the less batch.  And this is why she's a permanent foster.  There is no way we could adopt her out with all that she has going on....how do you explain to a potential adopter that she is going to mess on your floor every week or so because she just can't hold it?  Ha!   We love her so though.

Moo's eye continues to look better and better.  Not running very much, open nice and wide, very little squinting.  So that's real good news.  I spoke with Dr. Haver on Friday and he laughs (in a good way) when we talk sometimes.  He continues to keep close tabs on our Moo and works with us so patiently.  Thank goodness for vets like him!!!

The spot on Moo's side that was bald, is actually growing hair back.  She's been off the trilostane for 2 weeks now and on the Cushex for over a week and a 1/2.  All symptoms seem ok.  She may be peeing just a tiny bit more, but I've been home more and I tend to take her out quite often (some habits die hard.)  I'm still hopeful that we can maintain the bulk of the Cushing symptoms without the trilostane or at the very least, less of the drug taken twice a day rather than once.... we shall see.  Although I think it's safe to say that the trilostane is not the main or only cause of the diarrhea. 

She's been a great snuggler today. (Now I did have to pick her up and put her in bed last night so she would stay!) We got up at 8:30 this morning to feed her, clean her ears, then go out and but by 9:30 we were both on the couch sleeping again...until 1.  We're still on the couch...both of us seem to be feeling better.   I'm not great yet, but some improvement.  So that's where we're at....chilling together on the couch : )

No comments: