About Us

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Moo Shoo plays Simon

So last night I had my life group girls from 56 over for a pizza and game party.  We had 6 girls, plus me and Moo....boy did we have a lot of fun!  My girls are in 5th grade, so they're older, but they were still all very good with her, keeping an eye on her and not stepping on her when she was underfoot around the table (imagine that, Molly where the food is?)

I told the girls Moo couldn't have any dairy, but a few chips were ok.  You should have seen them with her.  Of course Molly acts the most piranha-like that she possibly can which makes the girls shriek with delight even more : )

Towards the end of the night the girls were dancing in the living room and doing "dance offs" and other fun things (who knew a music therapist's ipod could provide so many hours of fun exploring just what exactly is on there!).  2 of the girls didn't want to dance so they were sitting with Moo and were the "judges" and of course a 3rd judge was needed....Moo fit the part perfectly.  She had such a sour face on at that point that the role of Simon fit perfectly.  She even laid down to sleep at one point which the kids thought was great too.

I kinda figured that Moo was fine with kids, but I've never had a real opportunity to see how she would do with a heard of them.  And she was fine.  She actually was eating up some of the attention (and pizza crust) and wasn't all over the girls with the food like I thought she might be.  I mean, she was definitely present, but very little jumping up and getting into their space.  Good girl Miss Moo!  She was definitely tired after they left though.  All in a days work for the Moo Shoo : )

1 comment:

karen said...

Good job, Simon Moo! Did you take any pictures of the sweet judge? I'm glad she did so well with the girls, she is so comfortable in your home, she is just "one of the girls". Sweet story, sweet Molly.