About Us

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Let's talk about Molly

Miss Moo Shoo is an interesting little girl.  Since she's been off the Trilostane, her habits have changed a bit.  We have her body functions pretty under control.  Her weight is ok although I'd love to get a little more padding on her bones and she absolutely does not have a pot belly.  She's not drinking any more than she ever has.  She is however, acting more hungry.   She's been waking up in the middle of the night and I don't think it's to pee but rather to look for food. (When we take her out, she stops in the kitchen rather than booking it to the door like she does if she does need to go.) I end up putting her in bed and then it's hit or miss as to how much sleep any one gets!  I need to call the vet and discuss the pros and cons of what we're doing for her Cushing's.  I still can't believe how good the cushex has been working, I just wish we could decrease her appetite slightly....  I think this has been the longest stretch (maybe 3 weeks?) of not calling the vet since we got Moo in in Aug.  We're pretty much high maintenance customers....

On to other matters, Molly continues to become more of a snuggle bug.  She paws up and leans into us looking for pets and scratches.  I had her snuggled up against me on 1 side and Ori on the other and both were eating it up!  I love the snuggly side of Molly : )

I was so proud of her when I gave her a bath this past weekend.  She's usually good, but nervous and not entirely cooperative.  However, warm water, a nice massage, some good conversation and cookies have pretty much helped her get over that.  She stood their relaxed and quiet as if she finally knew the whole process wouldn't be painful (is it too much for people to be nice to their dogs when they're being bathed?)  She did great and the neem oil helps get rid of some of the yeastiness too : )

So all in all Moo is doing pretty well.  She continues to help Ori learn the ropes and continues to become a better snuggler every day!  Yay for our wonderful little golden girl!

1 comment:

karen said...

What a lovely update on Miss Moo! She is a darling little girl, and I'm glad she is relaxing more. My kids tolerate baths, luckily they do not have them too often. But I love the smell of a clean dog.
Sounds like you have her health under control. And love the updates on how relaxed and snuggly she is. Life is good.