About Us

Monday, February 15, 2010

Student & Teacher

Molly, for the record, is a fabulous teacher.  Ori, for the record is a smart little student.  Molly is doing a beautiful job of teaching Ori the routine and ropes here in the household in her own little quirky way.  Ori is observant and looks to Molly for what to do and how to act (even pawing up at the dinner table!!!)  Yesterday I bathed Ori first.  She did ok but  I needed Nick to help support her and keep it as positive and quick as possible. (and keep her in the tub!)  After the bath, she snuggled up in my lap in the towels and laid there while I gently toweled her dry.  (another sweet Tinker reminder....) She did not like the hair dryer so I let that go.  When it was Molly's turn, Ori wanted to be in the bathroom with us. Maybe it was the peanut butter on the bathtub wall she was after or maybe she was just curious, but sure enough, she watched Molly take her bath, get toweled off and get blown dry with the hair dryer without any issues.  Ori stayed in the bathroom trying to play and take everything in, looking for treats, etc.  She was behind me as I started with the hairdryer for Molly.  At one point Molly moved and Ori was closer to the action than I'm sure she preferred.  However she continued to lay there watching and taking it all in a little bit longer.  It was really quite remarkable.

Sleepy O

It's the same thing with our morning routine.  They both get up and go to the door, come in get breakfast, then go out again to finish their business (a pain, but that's how it goes for now with potty training!  Don't you dare dilly dally or you miss your chance to get her to do her business outside!)  After we play with puppy Ori konks out on the couch with Moo and they sleep until it's time for us to go to work.  I watched Ori watch Moo this morning for cues and it is just so cute!  She really is paying attention.

feed me!

Moo is also teaching O acceptable behavior.  More than once Moo has corrected Ori and let her know whatever she was doing is not ok.  I let them work it out because I do want Ori to know that Molly is top dog and she needs to be respected.  They do have quite the stare downs though....  one of these days I hope Or is able to teach Molly to play a little.  There are glimmers of hope occasionally : )

Like wise, Molly is more quick to make sure her presence is known... I had O on my lap while we were playing a game last night and when she hopped down Moo wanted up.  Molly sat on my lap and snuggled for 15 minutes or so!!! It was great, but funny at the same time!

They are quite the teacher/student pair and we are so glad that both are here to stay!!!

No comments: