About Us

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Ori Really Does...


...Love her Mommy! The past few weeks Ori and I have had somewhat of a love/hate relationship.  I love her but hate some of her actions!!  As a result, our time together has almost been "going through the motions" with feeding, walking, etc.  This week however, things have mellowed and the softer side of O is reemerging.  Every night Ori jumps up in bed and snuggles in on 1 side, laying there all cute like "what?  I sleep here too!"  Last night, I snuggled up next to her and she pressed in real tight against me near my heart like Tink used to.  She must have known I needed some puppy love (and that I was her only shot from getting put in her crate for the night) but it was really nice.  I fell asleep with O cuddled up next to me and slept quite peacefully.


I was in the back tonight talking with Linds while Nick was vacuuming and Ori came and sought me out!  She jumped up on the bed and snuggled up.  Then back out on the couch, she was doing her best to jump in my lap and snuggle some more!  She's just in a Mommy mood I guess and that's totally cool with me : ) As I type this she's pressed tight against me.  Chances are good that if she's this snuggly now, she'll only get better as she gets older!

Sometimes I joke with Nick and Ori and ask "when are you turning 10?"  I love my "golden" dogs so much that sometimes it still amazes me that we adopted a 4 year old pup.  The older dogs just seem to "get it" with certain things.  I know Ori will get there...in a few years or so.  I mean, she's already such an amazing little girl, given more time, love and consistency, she's going to be that much MORE amazing!  But in the meantime, she's pulling puppy antics grabbing trash and weeds on our walks, destroying pens and chewing up paper towels, knocking my coffee cup over to drink the drops at the bottom, harassing Molly while she's pooping, etc etc.  I usually still laugh at her antics, but every once in a while it's not quite so funny! (Ok, so our next door neighbors think it's pretty funny outside, but still!)

Everything seems to cycle in this house and I'm happy that we've come back around to a nice little routine that includes some meaningful snuggle time with Miss O (and Miss Moo!  She doesn't miss out on her snuggle time on the couch either!)

We have 2 fabulous little girls.... : )

No comments: