About Us

Monday, March 07, 2011

Therapy Class, new friends, and a bath

Ori and I have been going to a class in preparation to take the delta pet therapy test at the end of the month.  Overall, she's doing very well, but she occasionally reminds me of how strong she thinks she is when she sells me out for a piece of cheese instead of a great recall!

She loves to play and sometimes that's all she wants to do with all her furry friends!  She gets a little skittish when I move a walker so it makes noise, but usually food helps calm her mind.  We're working hard, but I won't be surprised if we don't pass the first time.  At this point, we're working on exposing her to as much as we can.

We have a new neighbor in the apartment building next to us and she has a cute basset, Lola.  Ori and Lola have been spending time together, so we're both hoping they can be good friends and spend time playing and hanging out as buds!  Ori's going to be walking with Lola and Em this week as our usual dog walking in on spring vacation.  So excited for new friends and puppy dog friends too!

We finally broke down and gave Ori a bath tonight.  She's managed to avoid one for way longer than I'm comfortable admitting, but after the rainy weekend, we had to make it happen!  She was such a little saint in the tub.....soooo much dirt down the drain!!  And now Ori is a clean clean snuggling machine!  I'm working this weekend so I had today off....Ori was snuggled up beside me and our 8am wake up time magically moved to 9am : )  She did a great job trying to distract me while I diligently work on grad work, but her snuggling next to me, helped me stay in one spot and get my work done!

This little one melts my heart.... I constantly find myself using words and expressions I had only used with Tinker before this point.  I look at O and I see what Tink may have been like when she was sighted and younger.... God has an interesting way of healing and growing us.... thankful for the small gifts we're given, even when they knock the trash over when they aren't getting enough attention!

No comments: