About Us

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Meet Joy- our newest foster!


Joy is here safe and sound!  She's an 8 year old owner surrender from the York SPCA.  She was apparently surrendered twice now and was originally a mill girl.  Poor girl can't seem to get a break.  She is fluffy to say the least but is definitely living up to her name since she arrived (A whole 2 hrs ago).  She knows her name so we'll be keeping it for sure.  She and O briefly said hello through the gate and everything was ok.  Nick and I just got back from walking the girls and no issues so far there.  She walked well and has been doing her business outside like she's housebroken.  We're hopeful!
 


We are taking things slowly and not looking to integrate the 2 any time soon.  Joy is quiet and seems fairly content in the kitchen.  If my gut is right I think the girls will leave each other alone.  Not testing that theory yet.  She is a wiggly girl.  She loves people and she already rolls over for belly rubs!


The shelter vaccinated the heck out of her just before they released her to Nick (He picked her up on his way home from work.)  I have the detox supplement that I used for O last year and I've already started giving that to her to help move everything out of her system.

Our plan is to make a vet appt for her as soon as possible since there was talk from the last owner surrender of broken bones and/or patella issues.  She seems to be walking ok, but I don't want to mess around with potential broken bones (I don't understand that story but that's another discussion.)  Hopefully we can get her in on Monday when I have the day off.

She's quite the sweetie.  She's been resting in the kitchen quite comfortably.  I didn't realize how much I missed the fostering scene.  Either that or our break was much needed and now we're ready for another adventure!  Either way, I'm hopeful we can help this little one find her way to her permanent home for good this time : )

No comments: