About Us

Monday, February 02, 2009

Iggs & Tink

So Iggs, is turning out to be a pretty mellow guy. He's not food aggressive, although we watch the two of them very carefully around any food period. We have begun a little routine where Tink gets up and out first and starts eating breakfast. Then Iggy goes out to potty and starts to eat his breakfast. They still finish at the same time---He's a fast eater and certainly not picky!

Iggy chilling out. He wanted to get under the covers of our bed so badly this morning after breakfast and I just couldn't bring myself to let him yet. The bed is Tink's snuggle grounds after she eats and I don't want him having too much free reign yet.



Hence this picture. I wanted to snuggle with both of them for a sunday afternoon nap. Tink was in her bed so here we are. Iggy and I did move to the couch where he promptly snoozed under the covers with me!



Let's just say it's not the easiest thing getting this 2 to stay. Tink has made it quite clear that she's top dog. We've helped that along as well by feeding her first and letting her in the bed.



Syncronized camera avoidance!



They're pretty good on the whole together. Iggy occasionally likes to try and hump Tink but thats a firm no and quick time to find something else to do maneuver. The weather was in the 50's yesterday and the 4 of us went for a nice walk together. Iggy loves loves loves to walk and Tink enjoys it slightly more with another do so it worked well. Iggy isn't affected by the cold a whole lot either. Even on a cold and blustery saturday he walked without a coat. He has a fido fleece with the bottom cut...don't ask I need to sew it back together, but on the whole he does ok without.




Iggy chewing while getting some love!



Look at his tail!!! it's long and crooked and wags all the time!



Tinker could care less!


I learned this morning that he doesn't like his jowls played with...we'll desensitive him later, hopefully. I've been trying very hard to take things slowly with him. I have 3 of his 4 paws clipped. The 4th one hopefully tonight. We haven't bathed him yet either-again I'm trying not to do too much at once. I'm sure I overloaded Tink when we got her home initially. She took everything in stride (or in shock.) This guy would let me know and I don't want any outbursts. The more he is trusting us, the less little issues we're seeing.

He crates beautifully and sleeps in there the entire night. I feel badly having him crated at night since he's in it during the day too, but it's his routine and it's the safest for everyone. He hasn't seem depressed or anything since he's come to us. Lots of treats and rubs and praise I guess is easing his transition. I'm afraid to type this, but no accidents either. He's good about going to the door and Nick and I have been good about keeping an eye on him. He's currently sleeping on his bed under a blanket of course in here while I type.

This has gotten very long and disorganized and I apologize! But it's all out and we're pretty up to date! Time to get the day rolling with walks so I can get some paperwork done before I'm off to sing and play the day away!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I am so enjoying reading about Tink and Iggy. I'll be reposting your story at the Boston rescue site very soon!

Love and wet puppy kisses to all,

Ellen

Nick + Vicki said...

Thanks Ellen! We are enjoying living the story with these 2! We are so blessed!