About Us

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Oh Happy Day...

...Is what Iggy is singing. Tink gets a raw snack before bed each night and until last night Iggy was going for his last potty or already in his crate while Tink snacked away. Well last night, he was sitting there so nice and I couldn't help but give him just a taste of a raw medallion... needless to say his was in doggy heaven. Getting him outside was quite the task at that point. And Nick just laughs with the "you love to spoil these guys." Which is true. However, I do maintain that I spoil in a positive way and do my best to not create "brats."

Which brings me to this morning... I get up early on tuesdays. It's the one day I get out of bed before Nick. I took Iggy out to go potty and then brought him back to the bedroom. He seemed to instinctively know that if the covers get lifted just a little he could sneak up and into bed. Which of course he did! So he laid at Nick's feet on one side and Tink laid by his head on the other side! Ha! So much for the no Iggy in bed! But will 5 minutes in the morning hurt any one or thing? I didn't think so : )

Tink is doing so well with Iggy. He actually didn't attempt to hump her at all today. They walk pretty well together and Iggy is learning to let Tink bump against him and keep her steady without bumping into other things that could hurt her! We've actually been taking Iggy out first and then take Tink out with Iggy. It works well for both 'cause Iggs loves walks so he thinks he's hit the jackpot going on 2 and Tink hates this weather so she's pleased she's only going on one! As a result of having Iggy around, Tink, Nick and I have all been more active!

It is so cool to have 2 little bostons sitting side by side waiting for dinner, peacefully! I still feel like I am living in a dream having this foster. I am so amazed and priviledged to be a part of Iggy's bigger picture--to be one piece of his puzzle! Nick and I are so blessed to be a part of God's bigger plan. It amazes me how God cares for every part of his creation, including little Boston babies that need homes. Iggy is such a sweetie and even though he and Tink will never be best buds, they are certainly cute hanging out on the couch together!

As I finish typing, Tink is sleeping on the couch while Iggy has claimed the chair, under a blanket of course! More pictures soon!

No comments: