About Us

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Not for those who are easily queasy...

Yesterday after dinner Tink developed bad diarrhea; quickly & suddenly.

6:30pm
10:30pm
12pm
2:30am
6am
2pm
4:30pm

As I said before, we went out and grabbed a bunch of stuff to help, but then I realized I was going to fast her at least for 1 meal. After talking with one of the tech's at our vet this afternoon, I'm fasting her dinner tonight too. I heated up a little water and ran it through the turkey to make a make shift broth and she drank that right up. That's the only liquid she's drank in almost 24hrs. Hopefully she'll sleep through the night and I can introduce a small amount of rice and turkey in the morning to her to eat.

Is it stress? Is it the water? Whip-worm? Tail end of kennel cough? Sigh, who knows...just taking one step at a time with her. She doesn't seem to be in pain. I take her out regularly and she sleeps the rest of the time.

It's weird that it was yesterday evening, so quick. Her nose is stuffier then it's been too. Get better little girl, we're doing all we can for you...

No comments: