About Us

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Pouring doesn't even begin to describe it!

I love Murphy's law, really I do. I heard Parker whine just a bit at 6:45 this morning and I closed my eyes again. At 6:55 I heard rain start and quickly got out of bed to get Tink and Park outside for the morning pee. By the time breakfast was served, it was raining hard. I decided to see how long I could wait until Parker needed to go out again as he growled at me when I tried to towel him off from the first pee break of the day.

Ha, well 15 minutes after breakfast, he's peeing on my floor. I catch him mid pee and take him outside. Of course he doesn't like the rain and it takes him 10 minutes to pee. Good-boy! Inside we go.

I'm up, I might as well get some voice memo/work related computer stuff done that I've literally been putting off for months....as I finish that up, Tink is stirring. I take her out with an umbrella and she goes quickly (we're both trained with her!) By the time I get Parker out it was raining the hardest I've ever been in. Umbrella or not, we're both drenched. It's like a flash flood in the parking lot. My pants are soaked up to my knees and my backside is wet from my flip flops splashing up. We're standing under the trees by the dumpster and I am just at a loss about what to do. He's beginning to show signs of panicking and while he's peed he certainly hasn't pooped. I rationally figure that he's not going to at this point. We do our best to get back quickly but the once parking lot, now river is impeding fast progress.

He let me towel him off when we got back and he seemed in a happy mood. I think he was cranky this morning from me raising my voice (a firm "No! We potty outside!) when he peed on the floor and from realizing he lost his chair privileges. (He's growled/snapped at me 2 nights in a row when I try to take him out for his last potty of the night. Now there are 2 big boxes on the chair so he has to sleep on a dog bed on the floor. It's a shame, really.) I'm not sure how going out in the rain cheered him up any, but he seemed to be more tolerant after we came back.

For now Tink is sleeping somewhat content on the couch and Parker seems content on the bed in front of the couch.....maybe the rain will stop before I see an ark floating down the road...

No comments: