About Us

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Quick Camp Recap

It was a beautiful weekend at the cabin...Parker was almost a completely normal and socialized dog! He loved being outside and going for long walks. He did great around the family. We had 2 small incidences with Pop-pop that we worked through. He barked at the 4-wheeler (and ate dinner by it one night to help that issue...), laid in the sun, and overall enjoyed himself. He didn't beg during meal times, he was quiet...he woke up extra early though. I think the travel crate was just a tad too small for him to get completely comfy. But my darling Nick got up each morning with him and took him for a 2 mile walk while Tink and I slept in : )

Tink did very well too. We had plenty of snuggle time, plenty of walking, and lots of yummy food. I thought she was feeling a tad under the weather on Friday. She slept more than usual for most of the day and then mid afternoon she woke up and was ready to go. Everyday can be an adventure with my little one!

I kept meaning to get the camera out when Parker was laying in the sun or chewing on a stick or sitting so pretty and handsome... and yet it was never around except in my mind's eye. We took him down to the Creek this afternooon and his stuck his feet in. I think if he could have gotten on solid footing he would have gone in. The rocks were slippery and he was playing it safe.

I didn't realize what a sun worshipper this guy is! He found the sun spots in the cabin and followed them as they moved across the floor. All curled up so cute and sleepy like.

He jumped into my trunk last night while we were putting stuff away. I didn't think the entire process through and I went to reach in and help him out...yeah, he growled and snapped. Nick's been thinking it through and Parker in general and has come to the conclusion that Parker doesn't like to be cornered and then reached at with a hand. Which is exactly what I did last night without even realizing it. It was late and dark and he was tired and ready for some normal routine.... Next time we'll do it differently.

Potentially some really good news for Parker coming down the line...not going to say anything more, but big smiles for Parker Bailey. He has come so far and worked so hard. Right now he's sleeping/snoring/sucking on his bed. He's a bit cranky this evening. I think he is very over tired. Time to get out a really yummy treat and get him outside for his last potty of the night!

No comments: