About Us

Monday, October 19, 2009

Memorial Rose # 2

Last Tuesday I went to a flowershop in Camp Hill on my way home and picked up a new memorial rose. It was more difficult than I thought it would be to buy a new rose for the sheer fact that it forced me to internalize that Tink has crossed the rainbow bridge. The rose while certainly beautiful, doesn't take the pain away that I feel. It was a fairly tight bud and slowly opened all week. It still looks beautiful and I expect it to continue to bloom for most of this week. A beautiful reminder of Tink's beautiful life.

These pictures span a few different points in the week. You will notice the different stages of bloom : )









Isn't she beautiful?

2 comments:

karen said...

oh, Vicki, what a wonderful, heartfelt post. What a beautiful picture of Miss Tink. She will be missed, but I know she is watching you, and running and playing. I'm so glad I found this, looking forward to Miss Moo's posts!

Nick + Vicki said...

Thanks so much Karen! I'm sure Molly will prove to be rather entertaining. Nick had that portrait of Tinker done for Christmas for me of last year. Thankfully he didn't wait another season. She hangs on our wall in the dining room, smiling with every fiber of her being.