About Us

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cody


Tink's legacy and impact on others will never cease to amaze me. I received a heart warming message from my cousin Sue this afternoon. She shared that she has followed Tink's blog just about from the beginning. While she never considered herself a "dog person" she loved reading about Tink's life and love and how great we were for each other. Tink's story has in some ways changed her heart towards dogs. Her husband Dave grew up with dogs and loves them very much, but until a few weeks ago, she was waiting until they were a bit more settled before getting a dog. When Tink passed 2 weeks ago, Sue began thinking: "I realized that if there was a dog out there waiting for a home who would be a good fit for me and Dave, I didn't want to make him wait any longer."

So yesterday they went and picked up Cody from a rescue in West Jersey. He's a lab/great dane mix puppy. He's around a year and is a goofy, leggy fun lovin' pup! They're fostering him with the intent to adopt him. Yay for rescue!!!

What a great story and a beautiful reminder of all the good that is in the world despite difficult times. God blessed us with almost 4 years with Miss Tink and now Sue and Dave will have many many years with their little horse, I mean dog, Cody : )

No comments: