About Us

Saturday, November 28, 2009

And then there was one, and only one...

When the alarm went off Friday morning at 5am, I hit the snooze. But at 5:07 I was up and getting ready for our exciting weekend. (Talk about role reversal in our house!) I came back into the bedroom after washing up and counted to 3, 1....2....3! and turned on the light. Nick groaned, Macy burrowed even further under the covers and Molly who was still on her bed looked at me as if to say "are you crazy?!? turn that thing off!"

Nick and I worked together and by 5:45am we were on the road with Macy in her crate in the car and Molly content at home with a kong. The travel was traffic free and uneventful, but exciting as Nick and I were on another adventure together, this time with precious cargo going to a very worthy little old lady.

After spending a few hours with Lillian, we said our good-byes and slipped out the door. Nick and I were dog free for 24 hrs!!! It was a strange feeling. We knew Molly was in good hands at home with Nate (THANK YOU!!) and we had reservations at an amazing B & B in Corning NY, the Hillcrest Manor. Highly recommended!!! What a fabulously perfect place to spend an evening! The house was built in 1890 by a glassware maker. It was bought by Dick and Kyle in 1999 and they spend 2 years furnishing and putting this B & B together, including an original Rembrandt etching, amazing amounts of Steuben glass, and a fabulous collection of paintings. Our room was complete with a fireplace, sitting area, and king size bed. Our private bath included the original sink and double porcelain wall bath tub!!! It was so perfectly divine for an extra long bubble bath! We were asleep by 9:30 and without any doggies whining or pooping in the hallway, we managed to sleep 9 hours undisturbed. perfectly blissful.


This little guy was our door stopper from our bedroom into the hallway that lead to our bathroom...


yes, it's the only thing I took a picture of...
not sure why now that we're home...


Nick and I were hanging around the area and antiquing as we had a 3:30 appointment in frackville to pick up a little 12 year old BT with an eye issue named Belle. A phone call at 11:30 changed all that. Apparently her owner decided to give her to an acquaintance/friend about an hour or so from his house.... I called our intake coordinator and she called him and he was set in his ways with this decision. Needless to say, I was/am crushed. I was so excited about this little girl...I cried right there in the middle of the antique store. It's ok...Nick and I are hoping and praying that this home is a very good one for this little girl. We know that there are plenty of other older dogs that need a home (unfortunately). Our house will have another foster soon enough.

Meanwhile back at our apartment apparently Molly was very clingy when Nate arrived. (poor girl probably felt abandoned...) She was so happy to see us when we arrived home this afternoon. She's snuggled up next to us on the couch and hasn't left our side since we arrived home. I'm glad that she loves us. Maybe she's just learning how to show affection and it's taking some time.... regardless, I was tickled that she was so happy and silly to see us!

All in all, a fabulous weekend. I have the most amazing husband and we go on some pretty great adventures together. I am so thankful for a wonderful weekend with my darling Nick, with Macy in her new home with Lillian, and Molly nestled between Nick and me on the couch for the evening...ahhh, what a wonderful life!

1 comment:

karen said...

What a lovely adventure you had. Sounds wonderful. Love the little Boston doorstop, glad you took the picture of it. Sorry about your disapointment over little miss Belle. I hope she is at a wonderful home. I know you will get another one soon, but this gives Molly a few days alone with the two of you. A wonderful reason to give thanks on this Thanksgiving. Thank you for all you do for the little old ladies, and for having this blog.