About Us

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Meeet Macy Black

Meet Miss Macy! We picked her up friday evening. What a sad event that was. We brought her back and she was so miserable. We kept her in the kitchen area for the evening as Molly acted as though she wanted to kill her. We walked together, fed them in shifts, then later in the evening opened the gate and let Macy explore while we kept Molly on the couch. Eventually Molly and Mace worked it out and now they seem just fine : )


The beached whale look



Macy in her bed



The ahhh, "fluffy" look



Ok, she's fat, there's no nice way to say that!



But isn't she adorable?!?!

She weighs in at 29 lbs. I figure she needs to loose 5-9 lbs. I have to dig to feel her ribs and her frame is sturdy, but not huge. She's loving the turkey and rice mixture with a bit of cottage cheese but isn't quite impressed with the portions... Her nails are so long that some of them are almost going into her pads : ( I'm managed to cut the worse offenders, of course I bled 1 something fierce (Stupid black evil nail.) She didn't even flinch when it happened. We moved her into the kitchen and had blood all over the place. We'll get the others a little at a time. I figured getting these nails cut is better than the pain that's gotta come from walking on her nails on her pads!

She is such a love. She really loves her Auntie Lindsay. She let her pet her for over 30 min last night and pawing at her if she stopped for more than 1/2 a second! She's crate trained, house trained, good with kids and other dogs....she is really a gently soul, but an old 7. Nick and I have started working our magic. We hope to get her weight down and clean her up in the next few weeks. Lots of walks, going up and down the stairs, good food, and watching treats.... I think she'll be fine!

She came up on the couch last night and rolled over for a belly rub...Nick and I had a good laugh over that while we obliged her! Molly is hanging in there just fine. She was so bent last night and then of course so needy. Then she barked at Macy this morning when I took her out of her crate. Silly girl. She likes her just fine now though.

Do you have the perfect home and heart for the gentle and sweet little girl? Fill out an app with NEBTR today!

1 comment:

karen said...

I love that sweet frosty face! Miss Macy is so pretty. I can't wait until there is a "before" and "after" pic. I know she will blossom in your loving care. I'm sure Molly will enjoy a sister. Sweet story. I am looking forward to updates on Macy. (I love that name, suits her).