About Us

Sunday, November 08, 2009

An M & M Morning

Yesterday morning Nick took some pics of the 2 lovelies on the couch. Molly, as usual, has her nose covered in a blankie.


Aren't they sweet?



Sorry about the blurriness.


Molly reminds me of Tink in this picture.


Molly jumped up into bed about 6 and about 6:30 I heard Macy sniffle and snort in her crate. I know that her bladder isn't quite as strong as Molly's, so I took her out (of course Molly followed). I picked Macy up and put her in bed so we could sleep for another hour. Molly slept on top of the blankets and Macy slept under them. I worked well...for a while. They act like we starve them, so to keep them happy we petted and loved on them. They're both such characters. I was going to say "little" characters, but, you know!

So I finally did feed the girls this morning. I feel like a sous chef in the kitchen. Heating up some green beans to add some bulk to the turkey and rice, boiling some water to warm up the meals, supplements mixed in, Molly gets her home cooked turkey, veggies, rice, sweet potato mixture, just a little bit of fat free cottage cheese on top of the mixtures... (Molly and Nick agree that the fat free stuff doesn't taste so good, but it's better for the fluffy one, I guess!) They both ate peacefully. Macy lets me touch her while she's eating. No problems with any of that.

Currently Mace is on the couch and Molly is sleeping in Macy's bed. It's funny : )

Macy already seems to be walking better. We're getting the longest nails clipped and I think she feels the difference. I can't believe how similar Macy's behaviors are to Molly's. I don't know if it's monkey see, monkey do, but both will drink at the same time, both tilt their heads and sit there together (like they know there is strength in sad looking faces to get food!), and other things too. Both dogs are eating up the attention which is good.

Ok, we gotta walk the dogs, get ready for church and get rolling this morning. Boy do Nick and I love these little older ladies! They are true gems!

1 comment:

karen said...

So sweet, Macy looks right at home already. I love how Molly has taken to her, true sisters.
I love the older ladies, they are such characters. Bless you and Nick for providing such a safe, loving home to these lovely ladies.