About Us

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Molly & Macy Update

So the girls seem to be friends again for the most part...ok maybe more like sisters with an occasional squabble. Nick and I THINK that Molly is actually trying to play with Macy occasionally but none of us are sure, not even poor Macy! It's funny and we watch closely. Sometimes it's just safer to distract them and "break it up" (ie: walk into the kitchen : )


Molly loves the kong so much. When we come home, she literally books it down the hall and kicks Macy out of her crate so she can get Macy's kong. Macy could care less because she is booking it down the hall in the other direction to get a bone and/or go outside. Silly girls...



Oh so food motivated....
doesn't she look beautiful in her new shirt? I love the yellow on her!



Blanket backdrop. "give me the kong or else lady!"
Molly's been sleeping a bit more on occasion and has definitely been making more noises in the past few weeks. More whining, chicken sounds, even more sounds while sleeping.
She seems ok, but it does make us wonder....





Miss Macy really enjoys chewing on bones over here too. Both girls enjoyed a marrow bone yesterday afternoon (one in the dining room, one in the living room just in case). They both did fine. Molly got a bit goofy at the end when Mace finished hers first, but other than that, a good deal for everyone!



Couch potato! Macy is definitely getting more energy and her spunk is coming through, but she loves the couch! She also loves our bed and has been jumping up more frequently... We crate her at night and used to whine around 6:30am. I'd wait until she stopped whining and then let her out and have her climb into bed for the last hour. Well 6:30 turned into 4:30 and I didn't realize it the first night. The next night it was 2:30. I told her to forget it and rolled over to sleep. Smart little girl!

It amazes me the things that these dogs remember. Macy remembers where she saw every squirrel in the last week. Molly remembers where we put up a bone from 3 days prior, yet she can't go to the right apartment door... They are certainly lots of fun to have around. The weather has been unseasonably warm and Nick and I have been taking advantage of that going for walks together with the girls twice a day, providing we're both around.

Nick and I have been making plans to bring Macy to her forever home the friday after Thanksgiving. Nothing is definite until it's definite, but I'm very excited both for Macy and for the lady that is adopting her. It sounds like a nice fit and I am truly happy for everyone. Her potential new mom lives up in the finger lakes so Nick and I are making plans for an overnight up there. A night away, how fun!!! Hopefully things continue to go smoothly during this process for both Macy and our travels....

I have more pictures to post, but I'll post them throughout the week when I need a break from the rest of life : )

1 comment:

karen said...

What a wonderful upbeat thread! So many wonderful pictures and musings. Thank you so much for the beautiful writing, your words really take me into your world. I love those girls, I'm so glad they are getting along like sisters. And fingers crossed on your wonderful overnight trip. Sounds so exciting.