About Us

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Poop Fest '09




So it's been quite the fun filled week.... I'll spare all the gory details but Molly has been spending a lot of time in the kitchen which has linoleum and is much, much easier to clean than carpet.  (good thing, as we've needed to several times.)  I was actually quite concerned and am so relieved that the flagyl seems to be helping already.  Is that possible?  Regardless, she has held down 1 full meal and 2 half meals without any bloody mess.  Now I wonder, is it possible to get "stuck" so quickly?

I felt so badly fasting her again, but it had to be done.  She was so upset and confused!  I got up early this morning, went out and got her meds and fed her a late breakfast (10am).  Afterwards, she fell asleep on her bed finally content with some food in her tummy.  Unfortunately, that also means she was off her trilostane, which just compounds everything, but tomorrow morning we'll get back on to our normal routine with meds.

Through all of this she has been so affectionate.  I catch her snuggling up against me or pawing at me for more attention.  It's really sweet and I can't help but stop everything and love on her.

Here's to an uneventful night!

1 comment:

karen said...

How is Miss Molly doing today?? We just got back yesterday from St Augustine, had a wonderful, relaxing time. Missed the kids tho. We brought back all 5 to the house, Amanda is coming by tonite to pick up her two.
My Molly had runny poops too this week. Luckily, she is firming up now. Must have gotten into something. Bless you all for having to deal with health issues for Molly. Hope you get her on track soon.
Sweet Miss Molly, give that girl a hug and kiss from me and my crew.