About Us

Friday, January 22, 2010

Starting the day with a bang

My battery light came on yesterday...I drove on it all day without issue.  I then drove home on it and slowly watched the power drain from my lights.  It died in the parking lot of the apartment building.  Yes I was being taken care of each step of the way.  My VW guy didn't call me back yesterday so I called a guy in town that was highly referred by a friend.  He answered his phone and said to bring it in.  My car started this morning so we started the 2 mile journey to the shop with Nick following me.  My lights started fading about 3/4ths of a mile into the journey and we died literally 1/2 mile from where we were going.  Fortunately it was right at a Turkey Hill and Nick and a kind lady who was pumping her gas, helped us push it into a parking spot.  I called Kurzen and left a message and before we finished with AAA, he drove over and helped us get it to his shop!  He seemed very knowledgeable about VW's (and the stupid check engine light idiosyncrasies!)and I have confidence that he will be able to take care of my little car.

All of this took just over 30 minutes...  Nick and I came home and listened outside the apartment door.  Absolute silence. silence.  Is this possible? Sure enough.  She was laying down in her covered crate with 2 puppies inside and a partially eaten kong.   We serve an amazing God who cares about each and every little detail in our lives.

I've been pretty narrow focused this week with puppy Ori here.  She's all consuming but I'm hoping that we are still able to regain some balance and a widened perspective again.  Sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

karen said...

Wonderful, you got your car to a good mechanic. and sweet little Ori was a quiet girl. Sounds like a great day. Continued good luck with the car and with the girls. Time for some cuddle with the girls.