About Us

Monday, January 25, 2010

Ori's Vet Visit

Miss O went to the vet on Friday night.  She was a good girl especially considering the length of time we were there and what was done to her!

The long and the short of it is, all the tests done came back negative, but she has a nasty ear infection and bladder infection.  Clavamox and ear drops are supposed to do the trick.  3 days later she's still bleeding a little so I'm not sure if it's heat or UTI related.  (Dr. Reigel couldn't tell me if she was in heat or not : ( I would just like to note that this is NOT my usual vet but the vet that helps the rescue out.)

He was also unsure if the tumor needed to be removed.  I'm hoping he can decide that before the spay so if it does need to be removed he can do that while she's under... he decided that bloodwork could be done before her spay.

He didn't feel any knee issues, but possibly a little arthritis in her back right leg which is the better of the 2 options in my opinion

She weighs just over 18 lbs : )


She had a reaction to the rabies shot...she vomited a few times and was very lethargic for the day on Saturday.  Looking back I should have waited to give that to her, but she has appeared to recover without any major incidence.  I do want it put in her record and I'm hoping it can be grounds for future exemptions for her.  She's still not eating very well for me.  She snubs the TOTW kibble and pics out the turkey, but in the mornings she doesn't even do that.  She's snubbing treats, but is chewing on bones...she usually eats a little for dinner and some out of her kong during the day.  Hopefully soon she'll start eating a bit more.

She and Molly are definitely keeping me and Nick on our toes over here....potty training is having some success but not as much as we would like.  The mornings are tough and I keep hoping the clavamox will kick in a little bit more!  I made britches for her and unfortunately she can get out of them too quickly...i need to tweak my design but I haven't yet.

I'll have to share some fun Ori and Moo stories in another post.  Good thing they're cute!

No comments: