About Us

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pictures of Ori and Moo in Action!

It's been just over a week since Ori was pulled from the mill.  She has come so far in so little time!


We affectionately call this stuffed animal "puppy" and she loves him!  She carries him around, plays with him, sleeps in her crate with him.  Puppy has been very good to Miss O!  Nick and I throw puppy around and Ori chases and runs.  Sometimes she gets him and then runs off with him.  We fetch him and then start the game all over again!  She doesn't seem to tire of it!


She's fast!  Nick's trying to keep puppy away from O, but she's quick!


 Her back end is getting stronger--she can jump : )



my puppy!



Can I keep him mom?  Her tongue gets soooo long when we play!


good thing you're cute miss Ori!

Overall, she's getting into a pretty nice routine with us.  She's not eating 2 meals a day, but she is generally eating 1.  She was eating dinner but not breakfast, but this morning she ate breakfast then not dinner.  I'm not forcing her although it does kill me to see her snub the home cooked deliciousness that everyone else has loved...here loss I guess : )  I've come to terms with the fact that Ori is in heat.  I can't ignore it any more!  She was definitely bleeding last Wednesday so we figure we had through saturday or so before she finishes.  That means she needs 6 weeks before she can get spayed.  Looks like you're hanging out with us young lady!


And while Ori is going crazy with the toy, Molly is helping us with recycling and licking out the peanut butter jar.  You'll notice the label is gone.  I removed it when she started eating it!


Moo's been more needy with Ori here.  She begs for more attention or she leaves when Ori comes around.  We've been going out of our way to give Moo more love and attention and making sure she has special privileges that Ori doesn't have, like sleeping in bed.  Last night Moo didn't want to sleep in her bed.  Instead she pawed up at ours!  We did let her up for a little bit and then we moved her back into her own bed as no one sleeps with Molly in bed from the get go.  It was funny.  I put her on the edge of the bed initially but Nick got up to pee and she jumped over me so fast to get to the middle of the bed!  Silly girl!


Molly continues to do well without the Trilostane.  Let's just say I am VERY impressed with the cushex.  In an effort to help keep a little more weight on her (and wear Ori out) we're back to walking more consistently.  This cold weather makes it hard, but we have to get them both out.  I'm hoping that we can put a little bit more muscle mass on Moo.  Now it's only been a few days of consistently getting 2-3 walks (a walk does not mean going to the dumpster and back!) and she's already starting to look a tad less bony! Go Moo go!  The increase in exercise should help her Cushing's as well. (and my waiste line!)


I love Miss Moo so much!  It hurts me when she would rather sleep in O's crate than snuggle on the couch.  So I've started giving her a personal invitation to sleep on the couch in the evenings.  It seems to be helping.  She needs to know that we love her and want her to be a part of the family.  I do love that she is extra snuggling more often though!  And i'm sunk when she paws up at the bed like Tink used to.  Funny, she never paws up on Nick's side...she always travels around the bed to my side! 

So it's us girls tonight.  I need to get some school work done and the girls are resting, 1 on either side of me (my fav!)  Ori is peeing less in the house and more outside, although not nearly as much.  Molly can be a crotchety old lady, but she humors us.  We certainly have plenty of things to laugh about and love over here!

1 comment:

karen said...

Love the new blog. I think it is great how well little Ori is doing with you. The pictures are wonderful, she is getting stronger everyday. I wouldn't worry too much about Molly. She knows you love her. I have noticed Moose is more needy since we have gotten our Molly. I sit on the couch or in the recliner, he is right there next to me. Sometimes I have all three in my lap. They all know I adore them all, they are all so different and so precious to me. I'm glad to hear you will have her for a few more weeks. Bless all of you.