About Us

Friday, February 12, 2010

Molly Wigglesbottom and Orianna Trinity

Nick and I finally gave the girls full and proper names.  It was the only right thing to do.  So Molly is "Molly Wigglesbottom" and Ori is "Orianna Trinity" because "Orianna Tripod" sounds tacky!

We've had one heck of a week down here with snow, snow and more snow!  I have a few pictures that we need to post, but it's been hard for us to figure out how to get some decent pictures that really show the amount of snow that we have! It truly is a sea of snow out there!  Nick and I stayed home on Wednesday and Thursday much to the dogs delight and Nick was actually home today as well since many schools were delayed or closed which put a big monkey wrench in his day. 

During our time home, we've actually been pretty productive with some Ori training.  We've been watching her expression around the stairs and felt that she was ready to be pushed a little bit to get up them.  Sure enough with a squeakie toy she took off.  We were hit and miss on wed into thursday but by Thursday evening she's set to do it on her own! She has successfully mastered going up the stairs which is fabulous!  In addition to the stairs, her "sit" command is coming along nicely.  We catch her sitting rather than laying down more often and we try to reward those finds too!

Each new "trick" or desired behavior that she has learned increases her confidence and helps her personality emerge.  Her back end is getting nice and strong as evidenced by her jumping on the couch (jumping over the couch) and now going up the stairs.  You can see this in her new independent tricks she's learning such as....Last night she literally leaped up onto the hope chest like a cat and just stared at us like "what?"  She is so stinkin' cute!

Molly is doing pretty well over here too.  She hasn't been so extremely hungry as of late and her more good-natured personality is beginning to re-emerge.  I find her happy again when I get home.  She's been dancing around the kitchen singing to us for food (which actually she wasn't doing for a while.)  It cracks me up to see her so animated and happy.  I love to ask her questions and listen to her answer me! 
Me--"Molly, what do you want?" 
Molly- *happy howl*
Me--"Oooh, ok...is it in here? " (I point to kitchen)
Molly- More howling
Me- sounds good. (pull out container) is this what you want?
Molly- howls on cue

And so on and so forth.  She's really gotten quite good at "answering" me.  I give her choices as to what type of cookie she wants or where the cookies are found, fridge or counter, etc etc.  She does a good job telling me what she wants and helping me laugh in the process.  It's really hard to say no to her!

Some jealousy has been observed between the 2 ladies.  No words, but definitely some looks for sure.  I slept in a little bit on thursday morning and Ori came and snuggled in bed with me, right on my arm with her head snuggled on my shoulder (remind you of another little one...?)  Molly came in the room and I invited her up.  She eventually got her butt up into bed and the 2 girls exchanged looks that were best said without words.  I told them both to knock it off, Molly snuggled with me like she usually does down at my legs and all 3 of us were happy as happy could be!

Lots of snuggling, playing, and eating this week for sure!

No comments: