About Us

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snuggly Pics & a Big Announcement


Nick and I have been considering keeping Ori pretty much from day 2 or 3 she was here.  We canceled the transport up to NY she was supposed to go on and we've pretty much been smitten with her.  However we've been taking our time making a decision in an effort not to rush the process.  Jodi, 1 of the NEBTR placement coordinators, wanted a bio and pics to put her up on petfinder and Nick and I immediately decided that was a bad idea!  So this weekend  Nick and I made the decision, with the help of NEBTR and the amazing Board to officially adopt Ori.  We certainly haven't rushed into adopting the first dog we found in an effort to fill a void that couldn't be filled...God's timing is certainly interesting and perfect to say the least.

We signed paperwork today, Valentine's day and will send it in the mail in the morning.  Seems fitting to make it official on Valentine's day since this little girl will know nothing but love for the rest of her days on this big beautiful planet.  Happy Valentine's day to Ori and Moo!!  We decided on Friday evening and since Nick was at Blizzard with the 5th and 6th graders from church, we girls had a slumber party!  We all slept in bed together and Miss O was a snuggly queen up by my arms and Moo snuggled down by my legs where she usually sleeps, all snuggled up close to me...needless to say I was in heaven!  No sooner had I turned off the lights when Ori let out this sigh so much like Tink used to, I held my breath and held her close.  More healing than hurting, but I do think of her often.

As Sheryl said today in an email to me:
I have learned through the loss of several heart dogs that there will be another to take that special part of your heart.  It always seemed that it would be impossible because I loved them so very much.  And then another comes and just pierces your heart as surely as the last one did. 
Ori will be that for you both again, but Tink will live on forever with you. There are no shoes to fill.  Ori has her own paw prints which are already being embedded into your hearts.  I am so glad for all of you that she is in her forever home now.

How true, how true....the support has been amazing and we are so blessed to be part of such an amazing rescue group!  It's funny, Ori seemed to know that she was staying for sure, I don't know how these guys know, but they just do.  Now if we could only figure the potty training out O!  In time, in time, with love and consistency I know it will come!
Now some snuggly pictures to celebrate!!



While they have their moments, often these 2 are found together....

We're not getting into ANY trouble...

napping friends

 
 move over, I want some more room : )

  
 Spooning sweeties

 
yeah, they look pretty comfy!

So our little pack is once again complete...and that makes all 4 of us pretty happy over here.

No comments: