About Us

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Snapshots of an Evening on Our Couch...

 
Ori is sleeping propped up next to Nick

 
mouth slightly open, snoring away....

tough life here!

meanwhile, Molly is apparently enjoying Ori's frito feet

 
Seriously ladies?  Whatever works....

Oh Miss Moo, we love you!


So Ori has just started growling/snapping at Molly when Ori is on the couch and Molly is coming up.  I don't think it's anything major.  We don't allow it and if it continues, Ori won't be allowed on the couch....it's that simple.  I'm hoping.  Once Moo is up, everyone is ok (as evidenced by the pictures posted tonight).  As is, if Ori doesn't stay down off us while we're eating, she ends up taking a break in her crate.  She can be relentless.  A firm "no" and pushing her down to the ground several times means nothing to her...  She is getting better but she has ended up in her crate a few times so we can eat in peace.  I keep reminding myself that she is just a puppy and we will get through these puppy behaviors.

On a positive note, potty training went much better today!  We've been watching her like a hawk and when in doubt, we take her out.

Meanwhile, we're doing what we can to take care of Moo.  Her underbelly skin is thinner than I thought (stupid cushings!) so I'm rubbing some organic sesame oil into her belly which is already improving the look and texture of her poor skin.  Proof that no mater how close an eye I think I keep on her, there is still a closer look to be made.  One day at a time my beautiful little Moo!

1 comment:

karen said...

The snow weekend has given you time to take pictures and blog. What a great set of memories, everytime I log in, there is a new blog! Love it. Sounds like you are on top of Ori, puppies can be relentless. I know Molly still has some bad habits, she is so stubborn. I took her to doggy yoga class on Sat, it was great to see her relax and enjoy our one on one time together.