About Us

Sunday, May 09, 2010

It's been so long...

...Since I've posted!  Grad school sucked me in and stole my life for a while, but we're back now.  All my work is done for the semester and everyone is very happy in this house!

 You take this cuz, and I eat yo' hand!

So much has happened and it will be impossible to share all the details but I'll do my best to highlight some of the funnier and more touching moments.

Most importantly, last night, Ori and Molly played together, really played together for the first time!  Moo was play bowing and playing a little bit of bitey face with Ori, dancing and spinning in the middle room while I was sewing.  It was soooo wonderful to see!  The whole scene lasted barely 3 minutes, but it happened!!  Ori is teaching Molly how to play, FINALLY : )

We really have 2 amazing little girls.  They balance each other out nicely and it's so much fun having the 2 of them as part of our family.  Ori continues to thrive and learn and play.  A few weeks ago now, I took her to Dr. Haver to get a file started and have him look at her.  He was impressed with her overall.  She looks great, weighs a whopping 16 lbs and is a happy little girl.  Her front leg was a little ouchy like she was over doing it so I was hoping we might be able to find orthopedic support or something for her.  He seemed to think keeping her from jumping off things was our best course of action.  So we generally carry her down the stairs and do our best to keep her from jumping off the bed and the back of the couch.  In less than a week, no limping or signs of over use.  That was almost 3 weeks ago now and so far so good.



We're doing our best to figure out a nice balance for Molly.  She is aging and some days are better than others, but overall she's doing a-ok.  She can keep up with Ori with some adaptations and we're noticing that she is starting to sleep more than she used to.  I guess that's what happens when you have a playful pup in the house! 
Instead of cooking up veggies every couple weeks for Molly, I've switched to Dr. Harvey's vegetable mix for a summer break.  I still cook up the meat and rice, but it's so much easier and to be honest, Molly seems to be doing better on it that with the veggies I cooked....if it works and it's easier, I'm doing it!  We upped her trilostane dosing just a hair as we were once again losing Molly to the hunger monster.  Molly is back and the monster is gone so we're happy.

Since Ori has become so good at destroying stuffies, I've decided that she's getting homemade ones.  We have a squeakie from the last store bought toy she destroyed (and I got the squeaker before she did_ so I made my own stuffie for her out of old jeans and sheet.  She's already destroyed it but it held up for almost 2 days of her wear and tear.  I'll make a new one soon.  It takes literally less than 5 minutes and it's free!

So overall, our little family is doing very well.  Nick continues to love his new job and the girls are happy, overall healthy, and complete loves and riots to have in the house.  We are never short on comedy with the four of us!!!

More posts to follow for sure.  I have a little extra time on my hands and I can't wait to keep blogging, sewing, and scrap booking! 

No comments: