About Us

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A trip to the cabin : )

The family spent some time cleaning up at the cabin and trailer and of course the girls came along.  They helped Nick tend the fire and turn old clothes into toys : )  We had beautiful weather with some nice time with family and sitting outside in God's beautiful creation.

We took the opportunity to take pictures of the girls this morning.  There are lots of pics so I'll be posting them throughout the week : )  It was Ori's first (of many) to the cabin, and our first trip with all 4 of us.

The girls really do love each other but took turns sleeping on the bed outside all weekend long.  1 would get off and the other would immediately take her place.  They were cute and funny!


Overall, Ori did very well.  She didn't play with Zoey (Dan and Christy's Boxer) very much and got defensive when Z came up behind her and/or cornered her.  I don't blame her as we figured this may, in part, be baggage from her puppy mill days.  She got better being around Zoey so we figure in time, as she has with so many other things, she will get better.  Part of the beauty of rescue animals, for me, is watching them grow and blossom.  This often takes months and months and can continue for years.  It's beautiful, but requires patience and love.   I am so thankful for both of our girls.


I didn't realize how expressive Molly's face was until we were taking pictures of the girls today!  I want to do a whole post on each girl individually to highlight all the pictures of them.  Molly was fabulous up at the cabin.  She stuck close by to us and was allowed a bit more freedom than Ori.  I loved watching her trot along side Nick and Zoey and a crew coming to or from the cabin to the trailer.  She loved to canter or trot along side so happy to be a part of the group.  I think this weekend up there helped me to realize more clearly just how much I love this girl.  I was so proud of her and loved watching her sleep or run or just be her goofy "give me food now" girl.


Molly jumped up in my lap this morning and was in a snuggly mood.  I needed photographic evidence! The girls did great outside, but we could tell they were missing their soft comfy furniture.   I guess this morning each girl found a couch or chair and at least 1 person to snuggle up to before the rest of us woke up.  Smart little girls for sure!

Of course the first thing each girl got upon arriving home was a BATH!  Ori apparently loves to roll in spots that dogs peed on and well, she was kinda stinky!  Both girls look so beautiful and shiny and smell oh so wonderful!  I love clean little dogs : )

It was a fabulous weekend with the family and with the girls.  I really enjoyed the time to relax and snuggle with my little ladies.  It was my first trip up without Tink and I found myself missing her a lot...I was thankful for Ori snuggling on Saturday evening and Molly snuggling this morning as Tink was my snuggle buddy everywhere but especially at the cabin.  I was inside the trailer cleaning saturday morning and looking out I saw Tink in Ori as she laid there in the grass with the sun shining around her.  Ori's head was slightly tilted up with her nose towards the sky, ears perked on top of her head.  I stood there remembering the same picture in my mind's eye with Tink instead of Ori.  Moments like those still take my breath away.

Overall it was a very happy and relaxing weekend.  Only a few moments of brief tears while I listened to O snore in my lap as Tink so often did.  I love my Ori and Moo so fully and completely too, just differently from my little Heart.


No comments: