About Us

Monday, October 26, 2009

Lousy Taste Testers

Nick and I realized something about the dogs that have come through our home over the past few years. They've all bee lousy taste testers because they eat EVERYTHING! We used to say that the liver treats or the home cooked meals that I made for Tink were "Tinker tested and approved." But she ate everything we put in front of her face. I don't think she turned down a single home made item I made the entire time we had her. (minus the home made dried sweet potatoes. She preferred them fresh out of the dehydrator, still warm. No, she wasn't spoiled at all : )

It's the same with Molly. She too is given the opportunity to taste test every new pot of food or batch of treats I make and she has yet to turn anything down. It makes me laugh. I know that fussy dogs exist. I sure hope I never get one though. I think I would be offended if I spent all that time cooking or baking and they snubbed it!

I guess the other option, as Nick suggested, is that I'm a fabulous doggy cook and it really is good food. So with that thought process, even a fussy dog would enjoy the doggy menu served here. Hmm, I'm kinda liking that thought process....oh to be a dog in this household and be such a cherished family member...

No comments: