About Us

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Moo Shoo's Vet Visit 10-22-09

I took Moo to the vet this morning. I dreaded it and avoided making the appointment until I knew I couldn't wait any longer. We arrived a bit early and of course Molly cleaned the floor and then had time to jump up and sit on the bench with me. Dr. Haver called us in as he always did with Tink, "Lay-dees" starting on a lower tone and ending on a higher note.

Again, he is pleased with how her coat looks "not many cushings dogs have a coat like this." He cautioned us to watch out for a little potbelly. I can't imagine! Not our little moo!

She ended up having a yeast infection in both ears. She wasn't thrilled with the q-tips in her ears, poor girl, but she did ok. He gave us some low dose steriod drops to help. He didn't want to mess with too much and he seemed to think this would help. I can only imagine how long her ears have been like this...have I been that distracted? umm, yes (unfortunately).

We had a fecal sample done just cause Nick pulled something long out of her butt the other day and couldn't ID it and we know that she's eaten poop on us several times. It's not like she's not eating fabulous food here!!! We're doing our best to be diligent but she is FAST!!!! No worms, but a LOT of plant pollen. Plant pollen? seriously? ... oh miss moo... I could only laugh and shake my head.

Dr. Haver isn't concerned about the 1 bump on her leg. The other lump on her shoulder area, he thinks is a mast cell tumor. He doesn't want to touch it right now because as he explained if we agitate it, we could make it worse. He held his hands out about as big as a little basketball and explained that that is how much tissue would have to be removed to make sure we get all the little tendrils from the tumor. So for now, we're going to monitor it. At least now he's aware of it and it's charted and documented. He started saying this is what happens with the older ones and I said I know... I gotta be prepared and he's gotta be prepared for another little old one at some point!

Miss Moo earned a frozen marrow bone that I picked up on the way home from the vet's this morning. While she was chewing I put the drops in...easy as pie. Boy did she love that bone!! She finally caught on that she needed to keep it on her blanket. It made me smile to see her so blissfully happy with a silly little bone.

You can tell her ears are bothering her. I hope this helps quickly for her sake. The yeast could be from an allergy...it could come back... at least this way we have more drops if needed! What a good little Moo Shoo : )

1 comment:

karen said...

I love reading your posts about your sweet Moo. I read them with a small smile and tears in my eyes. I am smiling at the sweetness of Miss Moo. Such a sweet little lady, and so thankful for the wonderful life you have given her. I am listening to aol radio, on the all Dave Matthews channel, it is the perfect backdrop for your lovely stories. Thank you for the smile to start my Friday morning.