About Us

Saturday, November 14, 2009

And So It Goes...

So no sooner do I say the girls are getting along, they begin to have these little tiffs. It all started on wed (?) night when Macy pawed up to Nick for attention and Molly sniffed her and then Molly pawed up at Nick for attention and Macy sniffed her...yeah...then they gave each other the hairy eye ball and stared at each other waiting for the other to make the first move. They were kind of goofy but nothing major on Thursday. Friday evening there was a small scuffle. Fortunately for me, both of them fear my voice more than each other and as soon as I got "HEY" outta my mouth they were done. Then Molly sat on the couch sulking and Macy sat on a bed sulking. Blah. Silly girls. They seem to be working it out of their system though.

Macy is coming to life! She is chasing squirrels outside, chewing on bones, and wanting to be more active. She stood watch out on the back deck for 15 min or so this afternoon. She's looking better. Unfortunately due to an initial calculating error, we don't know how much, if any, weight she has lost. All we know is her body is acquiring some shape to it (especially compared to the side pic we took last week.)

Molly is doing ok...we've noticed a small potbelly on her so we're giving her meds to her every day instead of 6 on, 1 off. Her coat isn't as shiny as it has been, but we're working on it. I just hope that her Cushing's is still stabilized and that we're not running into any other complications as a result of it... I really enjoy and love that little girl. We laugh because she is who she is. She can be so aloof and silly with seemingly little brains one moment and then the next she is demonstrating some long term memory! This cracks us up because she still doesn't go to the right apartment door...Anyways, I really enjoy her and her antics. I love that she talks to me in the kitchen.

I have definitely hit another cycle of the grief process over my beautiful little girl. There has been so much going on in friend's lives as well which has just added layers to all of this. My heart feels heavy for so many people. I think of Tink and all that is inside just seems to pour out. I was going through all the dog clothing that we have and was reminded of just how little and wonderful miss Tink was. I came across her red hoodie, the very one that her Godmamma Charli gave her when we picked her up. Sigh, such good memories, but still so fresh and raw.

Christy gave us 2 of Zoey's old coats when she was a puppy. The red sweater actually fits Macy beautifully! Thank you Christy! I'll have to post pictures soon. The tan coat looked like it would fit Moo, but it is just a bit too tight (as usual with most clothing I have for her) in the chest. Go figure.

We've had Macy 1 week now. I gotta start looking through apps and seeing if we can find her forever home and get her rolling. She is going to be a great family dog and may actually have some energy and not only be a couch potato! Maybe YOU would like to fill out an NEBTR app and adopt her!

1 comment:

karen said...

aww, Vicki, just a little sisterly jealousy. I can't wait to read more Macy and Molly adventures. Those girls really melt my heart. It is so sweet to have the two girls, and they get along so well, most of the time. Sounds like little Macy is coming into her personality. You, Nick and Molly have really helped this little sweetheart. Kiss those sweet Boston heads for me.