About Us

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

M & M musings...

...or just my random thoughts about them. First of all, the names Molly and Macy are tongue twisters and I struggle to get the right M sound out at the right time. Second of all their marking are so similar and Macy is moving more quickly that now I can't tell them apart at a quick glance or when I don't have my contacts in. So I confuse the 2 of them all the time in all sorts of ways... it makes for an interesting time for sure : )

Both girls, we're learning, have a lousy sense of direction. We're not sure if it's monkey see monkey do or what, but man, those 2 could get lost in a small closet. What they lack in sense of direction though, they more than make up for in cuteness. I love that both of them are on the couch sprawled out together, sleeping away. Macy snores and it makes me smile (and sometimes cry). She crates up fabulously and is quiet as a church mouse.

We have a vet appt for Macy on Monday and hopefully we can get some minor issues cleared up and taken care of. She's been much more active these past 2 days or so. Walking with energy and continually moving on our walks and running around the house a little bit. Her tummy is starting to tuck in just a bit and I think she's going to trim down with some time. More time than I want, but I know I can't do this too fast. She's certainly not hungry though as she turns down some food options which Molly promptly takes of Macy's paws. She does seem a bit fussy, but I'm ok with that. She doesn't NEED the food for sure.

Molly is such a different type of dog...she reminds me of my Aby in some ways...she's aloof and does things on her own terms. But as a result, she misses out on a lot. She's funny and goofy and she helps us laugh. She's certainly not the brightest crayon in the box, but man she is a special little lady. I know this sounds bad, but at night, when we're going back to bed and all the lights are off, Molly bumps into the walls. The mean part is, I laugh every time.

I love that the 2 of them snuggle in the bed in the morning. We all made it to 7am today and rather than taking them out, I hoisted Macy up into bed and then we slept until 8...Macy under the comforter, Molly on top, and me without any comforter! Macy is so reluctant to get up in the morning...we have a lot in common in the sleep category! It's so hard to wake up when I have a BT who doesn't want to get up either.

Tink was so different from these 2 girls, yet in some ways I can feel parts of her in them. Sometimes it's a fleeting feeling and other times it stays just a while longer. I'm not sure how else to describe it. Sometimes it makes me smile and other times I cry. Molly looks so sad and pathetic when I bawl my eyes out. Macy looks sad too, but almost in a "I know how you feel" kinda way... Tink's legacy continues to live on in our house each day and I am very thankful for that.

1 comment:

karen said...

Sweet musings today, I have tears in my eyes. I'm glad the girls make you smile (and cry). At least you are able to get your emotions out in a healthy way. I have been like that lately, sometimes I cry, but one look at my babies and I have to smile, or hug or kiss. They can bring me out of my funk quicker that anything else. My Molly has such a joy of life, she lives full tilt.
I love reading of your quiet, gentle way of life. So calming for me. God bless you and NIck, Molly and Macy. (I stumble over Moose and Molly also, I think it is the M's.)