About Us

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Molly & the Vet


Our darling little Molly always seems to need the opinion and advice of our dear vet. I should put him on speed dial and save myself some time. I call at least once a week. When we have a foster here, forget it, I'm calling every other day it seems.

Last week was the nasty night diarrhea (which we're still treating with turkey and rice, pumpkin and acidophiles...she finally seems to be coming out the other side of this issue...) This week it's a little front tooth that fell out which resulted much more blood both in her mouth and around our place than was really necessary. I think she popped it out while chewing on a bone last night. Of course I couldn't see what the issue was at first, so I thought brushing her teeth might help which only opened up the wound and allowed me to see the real issue and a lot of blood. Thank goodness she's small enough that Nick can hold her else we wouldn't have gotten anywhere!

That was all last night...I put some salt water on her wound and it stopped bleeding... unfortunately it started again this morning. Long story not quite as long....peroxide and pressure were prescribed. She seems to be fine this evening. Hopefully she stays that way!

1 comment:

karen said...

Look at that wise Molly face. She looks like she knows all the answers to all the secrets, but she is not talking! I'm glad she is feeling better. Are you going to put her tooth under her pillow for the tooth fairy?? Kisses to that sweet,sweet face.