About Us

Monday, August 02, 2010

Ori Update 8-2-10

So I took Ori to the vet and ended up leaving her there for what turned into surgery.  There's a new vet at Valley and I really, really like her.  (we took her over there 'cause Dr. Haver is on vacation until the 9th and Valley knows Ori the best.)  She spent lots of time looking Ori over, learning about her and gathering the information she needed.  She was easy to speak with, she listened to me and spoke to me like I knew what I was doing with my little girl!  It was a pleasure working with her today.

O weighs 16.4lbs!  She was such a good girl even with the thermometer and then a needle into the lump.  She drew a sample and looked at it under a slide.  After discussing the options and the route she would take with Ori, I left O and waited hoping not to hear from them later in the afternoon.  No news = good news as we left it.  I would call later in the day to check in.

When I called later in the day, the bump wasn't a puss pocket like we were all hoping.  Which meant the lancing didn't work and O had to be put under for the surgery.   Because of the location she wasn't able to get clean margins (in order to get clean margins O's 2 middle toes would have been removed) but I'll wait for the test results before I worry too much.  Obviously we're really hoping it wasn't a mast cell but we'll see. We'll know what is was when the test results come back Thursday or Friday. 

I picked her up after work this evening and she was the most pathetic little thing.  I went in the back with the vet and O acted all excited 1 minute and then next she was sleeping again with her face pressed again the metal bars, snoring!  Everybody loves her over there and I know they took good care of her.  I picked up the tired little munchkin and she snubbed the vet when she went to say good bye to her!  We have some antibiotics, painkillers, 4 stitches in her paw and a potential cone head if need be : )

She traveled home like and champ and has been here resting the remainder of the evening.  She acted hungry when she came home so I did give her a few bites of cooked ground turkey.  She's kept it down and has been resting on my purple down comforter that Tink used and I use and now O is using when she's recovering.  She reminds me of Tink when she's not feeling well like this and I find myself struggling to call her by her name: Ori!  Hopefully, recovery will be quick and relatively pain free with positive test results later in the week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki,

We are sending up prayers for Miss O (as well as you, Nick and Molly). Several years ago, my boxer, Beau, had something similar going on and after the biopsy results, it turned out to be round worm. I am praying for a similar result.

We are including you in our prayer circle--Peter was in a serious motocross accident three weeks ago, so pastors from our church (Harvest in Riverside, CA) and CBN have been out to pray with us several times. We will be holding your family up.

Blessings,

Sherri, Peter, Moses, and Zipporah